Tuesday 16 August 2011

Pointless

Not a lot of movement at the moment.

Had the measurements done for my inner liner but things now seem to have come to a standstill. This is disappointing.

Was hoping that the casting for the socket would be done quickly after this but no.  The appointment  is not until the 1st September.  This means that it will be at least another 4 - 6 weeks  before the legs will be ready for fittings, then we will have to see if  they fit properly.  If not then they will be further delays.  So over all this means that end of September maybe even middle of October before my legs will be ready.

Got my first Physio appointment through for last Friday.  What a waste of time !!!!!!

They where under the impression that I had my legs and was ready to learn to walk as the Limb Centre had told them they would be ready for the middle of August.  So that was an hours appointment wasting my time and theirs as there was nothing that they could do until  I have my legs from the Freemans.

They tried to be very nice about it but you could see she felt sorry for me as my face must have spoke volumes.  To say I was disappointed is an understatement.  Tried very hard  to stay calm,happy and smiling as well as non tearful . Not an easy task.  So just ended running through my exercises that I was doing at home and talked about things I want to achieve with my legs.  They have also agreed to let me use their pool so I can learn to swim again without legs.

So trying to see this as a bright side....hard.

So next for me is to see if there is any chance of bringing my casting appointment forward but no joy as yet.
Nothing from work about going back as yet and still trying desperately to get to Lego Land but looks if it will be well after the Summer holidays now. Managed to get out of the house. Went a street away to a friends house who cooked us a meal. It was lovely!!! Don't know what I enjoyed more being out, the meal or just being jen instead of mam.

No comments:

Post a Comment